Antibiotics

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.

I No Longer Catch Colds Because

I stopped taking Antibiotics
17%
I eat a lot of raw fish, eggs, nuts etc.
33%
I stopped eating processed foods
17%
I breath through my nose
No votes
I'm immune
No votes
I drink a lot of wine
17%
I catch colds
17%

Total votes: 6
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Antibiotics

Post by avalon »

Hello Wai-farians!

I'd very much like to know how you all feel about antibiotics, diet and your health. For those who haven't had a cold, such as bad coughing chest colds and serious congestion...How long has it been since you've had a cold? Do you think it is because you stopped taking Antibiotics? Because you eat sushi? Seaweed?

I think and I can't confirm that the reason I no longer catch colds is because I eat a lot of sushi (before I knew of Wai) and or I just never take antibiotics any more. I can't actually remember my last cold. Really. If I happen to suspect a sniffle, it's usually gone over night. No sore throats, no coughing??? I remember coughing maddness in a past life sort-a dream sequence kind-a thing. I figure if I do get sick, I've had a good run and bring it on :shock:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Before the Wai diet I used to be a little sniffly throughout the year, with one or two colds per year as well. I've never used any antibiotics to get rid of colds though.

I think it's due to having an immune system in top condition, which depends on a healthy lifestyle. Important factors are healthy food and sleeping well.

What do you want me to choose in the poll??
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I also had difficulty choosing just one option on the poll!

I haven't had a cold (neither sniffle nor full-blown infection) in more than six years. My health seems to be incredibly robust in terms of avoiding viral/bacterial infections. This was not the case when I was a child - I had a never-ending series of sinus infections, colds, bronchitis attacks, even pneumonia which kept me in hospital for weeks (then I failed Maths at school!! :-( )

Then, six years ago I gave up dairy (though I couldn't maintain this for long!), and most importantly I gave up going to doctors and started trusting in the wisdom of my body to deal with any pathogens and heal itself - in my view, this is the main problem with 'Western' medicine, i.e. it doesn't allow us to trust our own bodies and claims instead that medical intervention is the only path to healing. I haven't taken any antibiotics or any other pharmaceutical drugs in six years, and will continue to refuse them for as long as possible (unless I get hit with some superbug that only modern antibiotics can destroy, but I think this to be highly unlikely given the state of my immune system now). I agree with Oscar, a good diet and enough sleep are crucial factors, but I also think one's emotional health is very important. The body stores emotional upsets at a cellular level, and many diseases (I think) can be traced back to some kind of emotional blockage that has never been released. I believe this to be a factor in the success rate of acupuncture and hypnosis in healing certain conditions that allopathic medicine finds 'mysteriously' difficult to 'fix'.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Hear Hear CG!

I'm also not really sure what to tick!

I've never (as far as I can remember) been really sick, yet I typically got 4 colds per year: they last a week, I can pretty much function but it's really no fun and I get cold (herpes)soars. I treat those with a strong local cream but just leave my body to fight the cold...
This year (since the summer when I started WAI) I got one cold in january and I caught my second one the other day...Bummer!
At Xmas I was munching....so that explains that one. This time I've been off and on 100% and 99,99% (still fighting those little cravings...but getting there) but was busy and was not getting enough sleep! It's really funny, I felt it coming and thought I wouldn't get sick...I could feel my body fighting, and then the other day it just broke down and the only thing I wanted to do was sleep. Luckily by then I could! Now 2 days later I already feel almost better...

I think I was given an antibiotic at some point when I was little but I don't remember. Now it's a real funny feeling to take absolutly nothing with this cold! I used to take extra Vit C and honey and lemon and maybe a decongestant if things were really bad.
Now my body's on my own!

Interesting CG that you mention the mental/emotional health aspect. I totally agree and feel for my part the reason why I'm getting these colds is more because of these reasons...
I'm slowly finding my way in this maze called life. Certainly the diet has propelled me with more awareness to reconsider some life decisions I made!
huntress

Post by huntress »

CurlyGirl :D

You are right in saying that emotional health is the key to good health. In fact, I am among the examples of people who developed diseases through poor emotional health.

One of the primary cause to my condition was due to the depression and pent-up emotion that I had since in my early teenage years. But ever since I went on this diet, my emotions are much more stable but there are still times where I feel completely miserable and lost. :cry:

As for antibiotics, I haven't taken them since I was 6 years old. I opted for the more natural way of healing since I was a child. Western medicine excels only in the field of emergency medicine but when it comes to preventive medicine, natural medicine is best.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I don't even know what to click, and I posted it!!!

I think it may be six -ish years for me or more now also. Many Friends and Family members take antibiotics left and right and I hope not to take them unless it's critical.

Oh, I know...Click the Wine :twisted:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:I don't even know what to click, and I posted it!!!
Nice poll!
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

:lol:
avalon

Post by avalon »

easy prey
nick

Post by nick »

Unfortunately I was on antibiotics for acne and they didn't do much of anything. After waiting two weeks for my immune system to recover, I started the diet and did for a six weeks, then I ate some normal food for a meal or two and then back on the strict diet then perhaps some cooked food. Since then I have been on the diet for about 8 months or so. Unfortunately, I don't think I fully recovered from the antibiotics, and I have candida to some degree.

My tongue has some yeast growing on it. It gets super bad when I drink beer (yeast and sugars). I have noticed that there is some bloating in my lower stomach and I can hear my bowels digesting and such. Nothing painful or uncomfortable, just annoying. So I think I need to get some natural approach to get rid of it, or else go off the diet, which is something I don't want to do.

I wouldn't ever take antibiotics unless it was life-threatening. But some people can take them without harm and the only the benefits.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe you can add "Because I always make sure to sleep enough" as one of the options?